Friday 16 August 2013

Yoplait Perle de Lait - Exotic Coconut dairy dessert


 

Ok, I’m in love and I have been for a while now.  These are the best yoghurts or 'dairy desserts' or even 'yogurts' I've ever tasted (I've noticed the UK seems to be increasingly adopting the American spelling of the word).  They have more calories than I'd generally prefer in a yoghurt but wow, they’re the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten.  No lie.

So it only seemed fair that they’d be my first review.  I discovered these desserts about a year ago and barely a month has gone by where they haven’t been a staple in my fridge.  I used to be a fat free yoghurt obsessive but the artificial flavours don’t quite hit the mark a lot of the time and can often feel like they’re trying too hard. Still, these desserts only have 174 calories in a single 125g pot so that's better than most chocolate bars. At least that’s what I tell myself as I dig into a second!

They’re all gorgeous and moreish (Yoplait offers us lemon, raspberry, peach and vanilla too) but my absolute favourite flavour has to be the coconut ones.  I’ve always been a bit of a coconut fiend and have been seeking out a decent coconut dessert for years now.  They are ridiculously creamy and there are little bits of desiccated coconut distributed throughout. 

They are much more indulgent than your run of the mill yoghurt and equally as satisfying as ice cream (no surprise when you consider one of their primary ingredients is indeed cream).  And, believe me, that’s a huge statement to make.

Go on, treat yourself to a pot or several!

*Please excuse the terribly wonky and old photograph. 




No comments:

Post a Comment